The Granary, Long Marston, York, North Yorkshire Featured
About this listing
A stunning barn conversion, beautifully decorated, in the heart of a country estate on the outskirts of Long Marston, 7 miles from York and 16 miles from Harrogate.
Newly renovated with a large open plan living area containing huge kitchen/dining room with large floor to ceiling windows and steps up to sitting room with large comfy sofas, bar, wood burner, 50″ Smart TV, Sonos music system and Playstation. The first floor has 5 bedrooms all with bathrooms ensuite sleeping up to 12 guests.
The large open plan living has stone floors with underfloor heating and floor to ceiling windows allowing light to flood in. The sleek kitchen with granite work tops and island, range oven and American fridge/freezer is superbly fitted and the spacious dining area with large oak dining table provides seating for everyone making it a very special place for entertaining. There is underfloor heating throughout the ground floor which is eco friendly with an air source heat pump.
Two stone steps lead up into the large open plan sitting room with a bar area for mixing cocktails, wood burner, large comfortable sofas and 50″ Smart TV with playstation. Again floor to ceiling windows with access to both the front enclosed garden and the enclosed beautifully designed courtyard with seating area and subtle lighting for that evening drink or bbq.
On the first floor all 5 bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with one of the bedrooms offering zip and link beds providing flexibility for your family’s stay. The 5th bedroom has 4 single adult size single beds with its own large ensuite bathroom with freestanding roll top bath and shower. *If you would like one of the doubles as twins, please request upon booking.
At the front of The Granary is an enclosed garden with far reaching views across the Vale of York and a hot tub can be hired from a local company.
There is lots of parking available.
Hot tub hire included in price for all bookings made from 1 Feb 2021.
The properties next door (The Farmhouse and Dovecote Barn) can also be hired to sleep 16 guests making a total of 28 guests.
Please enquire to find out more.
BBQ – no charcoal / firelights – guests to provide their own
Clingfilm etc – onsite but replace/replenish if finished
Magimix Nespresso Coffee machine
2 dogs/£40 per dog
The Local Area
The Granary is located 7 miles from York, 7 miles from Wetherby, 16 miles from Harrogate and 27 miles from Leeds close to the A64 and A1 in The Vale of York with easy access to The Yorkshire Dales and The North York Moors.
The Granary is within easy reach of Castle Howard, Harewood House, Scampston Hall and Gardens, Fountains Abbey and Newby Hall and Gardens and the Coast.
York train station is 7 miles away with direct train service to the north and south.
Leeds Bradford airport.
Close to the A64 and A1.
Other Things to Note
Hot tub hire is included in the price. Please let us know when you book if you would like to use the hot tub.
The Sun Inn in Long Marston is a 2 mile drive away from the house and guests can also walk to it. There is also The Tickled Trout which is a 2.5 miles drive and is very popular.
Dogs allowed on request - £40 per dog
No fireworks, glitter or sticking on the walls
The house is set in 3000 acres of farmland with beautiful private walks for guests to access and great cycle routes. There is lots of parking available at the house.
- TIME KEEPING - Please do not arrive earlier than the agreed check in time. There will be a charge of an extra night for any guest who access the property earlier than the agreed check in time in writing. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate. We expect only the highest standards for our guests, which mean that the housekeepers need the entire allocated time to ready to property for your stay. There will be a charge for any delay in departure resulting in the cleaners not being able to access the property at departure time, they have a short amount to change over for the next guests and charge us from when they arrive at the property.
- DÉCOR - No glitter, confetti, balloon water bombs, paper lanterns or fireworks. No sticking of decorations on walls or windows. Please do not move any furniture.
- OUR INSURANCE - No suppliers unless pre agreed with Yorkshire Escapes. No weddings, parties or events. The number of guests staying must be declared upon booking and any changes must be notified before arrival. Any guests over the legal capacity of the house will be asked to leave.
- DELIVERIES - Please do not arrange grocery deliveries before your arrival time as we cannot be available to receive them.
- LOST & FOUND - Should you leave items behind there will be an admin and postage charge for any returns.
- PETS - £40 charge per dog. Please ensure these are pre agreed before arrival. For our properties that allow pets, you must supply your own pet bedding/towels. Pets are not allowed on furniture, should not be left unattended and must stay on the ground floor. You must ensure that all trace of the pet’s occupation at the property has been removed and clear up after them. Please ensure pets are on leads outside of the properties garden. There will be a deduction on guest’s damage deposit for any dog mess left.
- KEYS - There will be a charge for any lost keys.
- ID: 510
- Guests: 12
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 8
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Check-in After: 4:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Large Group Accommodation, Last Minute Holidays
- SuperControl Prpperty ID: 558657
- Sort By:
- Review source: Airbnb
- Review source:
- Review source:
- Review source:
- BBQ Available
- Chef for Hire
- Children Welcome
- Event Room
- Free Parking
- Game Console
- Hair Dryers
- Homes With Hot Tubs
- Hot Tub Hire
- Internet WIFI
- Large Range Cooker
- Linen & Towels
- Log Burner & Fireplace
- Pet Friendly
- Private Land
- Pub within walking distance
- Smart TV with Sky
- Washer & Dryer
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Additional rules information
- No weddings, parties, events without prior arrangement with the owner No glitter, confetti, balloon water bombs, paper lanterns or fireworks. No sticking of decorations on walls or windows. Please do not move furniture Dogs must not be left unattended, go upstairs or on furniture. Please clear up all dog mess at the end of your stay or there will be a deduction from your damage deposit. Our cleaners are on a tight schedule with same day change overs so please depart on time or there will be a deduction from your damage deposit for their time.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Baths
- 12 Guests
- Dog Friendly, Houses, Large Group Accommodation, Last Minute Holidays, New Collections
Price per night decreases for longer stays. Please enquire.
The Hall is a luxury holiday home within walking distance of Pateley Bridge in Nidderdale amd 15 miles from Harrogate. With 8 double bedrooms it is perfect for large groups and families. Set in a large garden with Hot Tub Hire available.
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Baths
- 16 Guests
- Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Large Group Accommodation
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
- 6-8 Guests
- Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Last Minute Holidays, Small Group Accommodation
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 4 Guests
- Cottages, Dog Friendly, Small Group Accommodation