Dovecote Barn, Long Marston, York Featured
About this listing
The Local Area
The house is entirely private with its own private garden.
There are two properties next door (The Granary sleeping 12 and The Farmhouse sleeping 8) which can also be hired sleeping 28 in total.
Please enquire to find out prices and more information.
There is a large courtyard at the back of the house which is not available for guests unless renting The Granary also.
Dovecote Barn is located 7 miles from York, 7 miles from Wetherby, 16 miles from Harrogate and 27 miles from Leeds close to the A64 and A1 in The Vale of York with easy access to The Yorkshire Dales and The North York Moors.
Dovecote Barn is within easy reach of Castle Howard, Harewood House, Scampston Hall and Gardens, Fountains Abbey and Newby Hall and Gardens. The house is set in 3000 acres of farmland with beautiful private walks for guests to access and great cycle routes.
There is lots of parking available at the house.
The Sun Inn in Long Marston is a 2 mile drive away from the house and guests can also walk to it.
There is also The Tickled Trout which is a 2.5 miles drive and is very popular. Stockeld Adventure Park is within 20 mins drive with indoor play centre offering a climbing area, a skate park, ski simulators, a playground & an eatery.
7 miles from York and 16 miles from Harrogate
Other Things to Note
Hot tub hire is included in the price. Please let us know when you book if you would like to use the hot tub.
BBQ – no charcoal / firelights – guests to provide their own
American Style Fridge
Nespresso Coffee machine
No fireworks, glitter and sticking on the walls.
A Yoga lesson can be arranged at the property - please enquire for availability and prices.
2 dogs allowed - £40 each
- TIME KEEPING - Please do not arrive earlier than the agreed check in time. There will be a charge of an extra night for any guest who access the property earlier than the agreed check in time in writing. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate. We expect only the highest standards for our guests, which mean that the housekeepers need the entire allocated time to ready to property for your stay. There will be a charge for any delay in departure resulting in the cleaners not being able to access the property at departure time, they have a short amount to change over for the next guests and charge us from when they arrive at the property.
- DÉCOR - No glitter, confetti, balloon water bombs, paper lanterns or fireworks. No sticking of decorations on walls or windows. Please do not move any furniture.
- OUR INSURANCE - No suppliers unless pre agreed with Yorkshire Escapes. No weddings, parties or events. The number of guests staying must be declared upon booking and any changes must be notified before arrival. Any guests over the legal capacity of the house will be asked to leave.
- DELIVERIES - Please do not arrange grocery deliveries before your arrival time as we cannot be available to receive them.
- LOST & FOUND - Should you leave items behind there will be an admin and postage charge for any returns.
- PETS - £40 charge per dog. Please ensure these are pre agreed before arrival. For our properties that allow pets, you must supply your own pet bedding/towels. Pets are not allowed on furniture, should not be left unattended and must stay on the ground floor. You must ensure that all trace of the pet’s occupation at the property has been removed and clear up after them. Please ensure pets are on leads outside of the properties garden. There will be a deduction on guest’s damage deposit for any dog mess left.
- KEYS - There will be a charge for any lost keys.
- ID: 4556
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Type: Entire Place / Cottages, Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Small Group Accommodation
- SuperControl Prpperty ID: 575855
- Sort By:
- Review source: Online search
- Review source: google search
- Review source: Friends
- Review source: Repeat Guest
- BBQ Available
- Chef for Hire
- Children Welcome
- Espresso Machine
- Free Parking
- Homes With Hot Tubs
- Hot Tub Hire
- Internet WIFI
- Linen & Towels
- Log Burner & Fireplace
- Pet Friendly
- Private Entrance
- Private Land
- Pub within walking distance
- Smart Tv with Netflix
- Travel Cot & High Chair (request)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wedding Ceremony & Reception
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Additional rules information
- No weddings, parties, events without prior arrangement with the owner No glitter, confetti, balloon water bombs, paper lanterns or fireworks. No sticking of decorations on walls or windows. Please do not move furniture Dogs must not be left unattended, go upstairs or on furniture. Please clear up all dog mess at the end of your stay or there will be a deduction from your damage deposit. Our cleaners are on a tight schedule with same day change overs so please depart on time or there will be a deduction from your damage deposit for their time.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Baths
- 12 Guests
- Dog Friendly, Houses, Large Group Accommodation, Last Minute Holidays, New Collections
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Baths
- 12 Guests
- Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Large Group Accommodation, Last Minute Holidays
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
- 6-8 Guests
- Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs Available, Houses, Last Minute Holidays, Small Group Accommodation
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 4 Guests
- Cottages, Dog Friendly, Small Group Accommodation